A cease and desist or “demand” letter is correspondence that notifies an alleged trademark-infringer that they are infringing a trademark holder’s rights and stipulates the trademark holder’s demands if those demands are not met. Trademark cease and desist letters can be effective in securing an early resolution of the conflict so that the trademark holder does not need to expend the enormous resources associated with litigation.
A U.S. licensed attorney will draft and send a cease-and-desist letter to someone infringing on your trademark rights. Our firm charges $399 per cease and desist letter.
Before sending a cease and desist letter
- Determine the strength of the trademark owner’s infringement claim (i.e., if there is a substantial, viable claim at all).
- Decide whether to send a cease and desist letter.
It may NOT be a good idea to send a cease and desist letter in certain cases
- When the trademark owner’s case is not viable.
- Where there is a risk of potential counterclaims or challenges to the ownership or validity of the allegedly infringed trademark.
- Where the trademark owner desires to gain an advantage by immediately bringing an infringement action without notice to the alleged infringer.
If the alleged infringer has registered one or more domain names incorporating the infringing trademark, consider whether there is a basis for a domain cyberpiracy claim.
Is Someone Infringing Your Trademark Rights?
Is someone infringing your trademark rights? We can stop them! We specialize in protecting and enforcing trademark rights. Get in touch with us to schedule your free consultation. During the consultation, a U.S. licensed attorney will explain the trademark enforcement process to you. We can be reached at 1 800-651-7301, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or through our contact form below.